What makes this whole thing funny, though, is something I saw a couple days ago. Head over to Builder-AU and listen to Peter Watson from Microsoft. He says, User Account Control is a great idea and strategically a direction that sort of all operating systems and all technology should be heading down Excuse meMy brief encounter with Ubuntu and the chanced encounter of the dialog box seeking my root password stunned me of the close resemblance to ME II's UAC.
A site devoted to discussing techniques that promote quality and ethical practices in software development.
Friday, May 4, 2007
Mackenzie recently blogged about the history of Sudo and the similarity to Vista's UAC
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (23)
- ► 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (60)
- ► 2009 (60)
- ► 2008 (25)
- The world without Visual SourceSafe
- RANU - Microsoft's advice
- Grep the tab - driving me mad
- If you need to conceal the e-mail address from spa...
- Agile Software Development
- First look at MOKA5 - not impress
- Using NUnit without installation
- Ungreyed the OK button in Firefox's download dialo...
- IE7 Uptake stagnant - that's obvious.
- Full mark for thinking outside the box (or rather ...
- Microsoft's UAC & Sudo
- All about a GUID
- "Why Software sucks... and what you can do about i...
- ▼ May (13)