First and foremost, if the user of the desktop that is being attacked is NOT a member of the local Administrators group, the worm will have a tough time infecting the computerEven in Vista. Many advice in this article is for the Vista. To turn off Autoplay please refer to this support article.
A site devoted to discussing techniques that promote quality and ethical practices in software development.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
A very good article mentioning what Conflicker attempts to do and how one could make life harder for Conflicker. Good advice:
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (23)
- ► 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (60)
- Is it a second coming for Apple?
- Open Office Plan leads to lower productivity
- Setting the language in Word
- Always be vigilant about security even at places y...
- The truth about office life - shallow and fake
- How strong is your password?
- What can you do to make it harder for Conflicker?
- Google's Unit Testing framework for C++
- Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer are not the...
- Dissection of an amateurish COM business solution
- A case of deja vu
- Allowing error message to corrupt download - www.i...
- A snapshot view of how Asia's best employers deal ...
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2008 (25)
- ► 2007 (80)