A site devoted to discussing techniques that promote quality and ethical practices in software development.

Friday, December 14, 2007

JVC's MOD file is actually a MPEG-2 file.

Recently, I have acquired a JVC hard disk digital video camera and it creates files with .MOD extensions.

So I am interested to find out what kind of files they are.

Searching the internet, I found this great tool called GSpot. Not only does it tells you what format (video + audio) plus a plethora of other technical data, it also informs you if you have the codec to decode it. This tool quickly identifies the .MOD file is actually a MPEG-2 file and that my machine does not have the codec for it.

My friend recommends me to use the K-Lite codec suite. Once the suitable codec is installed, renaming the .MOD to .MPG allows me to play it on Windows media player.

No comments:

Blog Archive