A site devoted to discussing techniques that promote quality and ethical practices in software development.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bosses return to 1950s management style

This management style produces:
"We have too many workplaces which are toxic, by toxic I mean people aren't valued.

"Every organisation says 'people are our greatest asset' - my immediate response to that is then why do most organisations treat their employees like liabilities?"

I did not think it was a 'return to 1950s management style' as it seemed to be the modus operandi of the company I once worked for even before the Global Financial Crisis as it exhibits this trait:

They're also micromanaging and bossing their staff around, rather than engaging with them, she says.

"It sends a signal to employees that 'I don't trust you can do the job without being closely supervised', it equates not seeking input from anybody below senior executive level," she says.

No comments:

Blog Archive