During a conversation with a reader on my blog post, it has come to my attention that I have missed a key piece of information with respect to MIMSX.
In order for one to build one's own aggregation server, apart from following the recipe you also need to use a version of MIMSX that is at least of version 220.127.116.11 or later. Earlier version contains an internal setting bug making it an invalid candidate to aggregate.
Unfortunately, one cannot tell from a COM component's registered attributes or type library if it is supporting aggregation. You need to build the aggregation server to see if you can successfully create the aggregated component and wired up the query interface mechanism.
Also during instantiation, you must create an instance of the aggregation server and then query the interface of IMimsxServer; you do not create an instance of MIMSX.
A site devoted to discussing techniques that promote quality and ethical practices in software development.
- ► 2013 (13)
- ► 2012 (23)
- ► 2011 (23)
- Web Security article & tutorial
- Cooking your own EllipseCOM
- My view on the effectiveness of antivirus software...
- Fujitsu has slate tablets before even Apple consid...
- App Store?
- How do you secure your .Net Application?
- Guidelines to develope secure ADO.Net application
- Developing program in non-Administrator account
- Damn I have missed my chance...
- CBA Netbank Text Mode Screen
- Cavaets in using Ellipse Business Connector
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2009 (60)
- ► 2008 (25)
- ► 2007 (80)